Member Designated Transportation Projects
On behalf of the 36th District, Rep. Ruiz has submitted the following projects for inclusion in the Surface Transportation Reauthorization bill.
Each submitted project, if funded, will bring significant benefits to the 36th District including reduced congestion, safer highways, and more efficient commutes.
Beaumont – Potrero Boulevard Interchange Project
- Location: Beaumont, CA
- Requested amount: $18,500,000 for completion of the SR-60 / Potrero Blvd interchange.
- Project Sponsor: City of Beaumont
Cathedral City – Varner Road Widening Project
- Location: Cathedral City, CA
- Requested amount: $18,710,815 for the widening of Varner Rd. between Palm Drive and Date Palm Drive.
- Project Sponsor: City of Cathedral City
Coachella – SR-86 / Avenue 50 Interchange Project
- Location: Coachella, CA
- Requested amount: $14.8 million for construction of a new interchange at SR-86 and Avenue 50.
- Project Sponsor: City of Coachella
Desert Hot Springs – Bridges Over Water Crossings Project
- Location: Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Requested amount: $8,500,000 to construct four bridges over low water crossings to prevent flooding.
- Project Sponsor: City of Desert Hot Springs
Indio – Monroe Street Interchange Project
- Location: Indio, CA
- Requested amount: $20,000,000 to widen the overpass and on/off ramps to I-10 at the Monroe St. exit.
- Project Sponsor: City of Indio
Regional – Regional Traffic Management Center
- Location: Palm Desert, CA
- Requested amount: $1.7 million to construct a Regional Traffic Management Center as part of the CV Synch project to improve traffic flow in the Coachella Valley.
- Project Sponsor: Coachella Valley Association of Governments
Regional – Hydrogen Fueling Resiliency Project
- Location: Thousand Palms, CA
- Requested amount: $2,125,000 to upgrade hydrogen fueling stations for busses and light and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Project Sponsor: SunLine Transit Agency
The page complies with the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee’s public transparency requirements as part of the Member Designated Projects process.