Rep. Ruiz's Office Helps 20-year Residents Return to U.S.

July 16, 2018
Making Government Work for You

Tracey MacDonald, a U.S. citizen and Rancho Mirage resident, reached out to my office asking for help obtaining a visa for her husband. Tracey and her son are both U.S. citizens, and they have lived in the U.S. along with her husband -- a Canadian citizen -- for more than 20 years. Tracey's husband had mistakenly given up his green card, and when he received a job offer in the U.S., he only had three months to obtain a green card before the offer would expire.

Tracey found her husband at the end of a very long waiting line, and desperate for a way to expedite the process, contacted my office. A month later, her husband was authorized to move to the U.S. while he waited for his visa -- saving his job and his family from an uncertain future.

"We called to explain the situation and were able to get an in-person appointment very quickly," Tracey said. We met with Deysee, who could not have been more helpful. To make a very long immigration process story short, we are happy to report that we are back in the U.S., fully employed."

If you are a resident of the 36th district and are having issues with a federal agency, my office is here to cut through the red tape and get you the benefits you deserve. If you have a question about a federal agency or program, please contact my district office at 760-424-8888. We're here to help!