Fourth Annual Veterans University
May 4, 2019 at the Westin Mission Hills Resort
Veterans University is for veterans, servicemembers, their families, and anyone in our community interested in learning about how to improve the lives of veterans in a welcoming classroom environment.
Veterans University is a one-day event covering a myriad of topics including: health care and disability benefits, exposure to burn pits, mental health, female veteran-specific topics, home ownership, senior-specific topics, and employment resources for veterans. Presenters include representatives from Veteran Service Organizations and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Presenters will provide a broad overview on each topic, followed by practical and detailed information on how to access the benefits described. Participants will also receive contact information they can utilize should they have difficulty accessing benefits on their own. There will also be a veterans' resource expo with many local organizations and agencies that serve veterans.
Mark your calendar for Saturday, May 4, 2019 and feel free to share with anyone interested in the community. Let’s show our veterans how important they are by learning how to better serve them! To stay up to date on Veterans University and other important updates from my office, please sign up for my e-newsletter.
Check-in time: 8:00 AM
Program runs: 9 AM - 2 PM
Will meals be provided?
Please note that no meals will be provided at this event. Water will be available on site.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
What is the address and directions to the Westin?
The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort and Spa
71333 Dinah Drive Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
What are parking options at the Westin?
Complimentary self-parking is available on site.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can reach the office of Representative Raul Ruiz, M.D. at 760-424-8888.
Resources from Attending Organizations
- Forest Lawn - https://forestlawn.com/
- VA Loma Linda - https://www.lomalinda.va.gov/
- Palm Desert VA Clinic - https://www.lomalinda.va.gov/locations/palm_desert.asp
- Riverside National Cemetary - https://www.cem.va.gov/cems/nchp/riverside.asp?_ga=2.161009469.126788641.1557161142-1425833904.1557161142
- Veterans of Foreign Wars - https://www.vfw.org/
- American Legion - https://www.facebook.com/VFWpost1534/
- Disabled American Veterans - https://www.dav.org/membership/local-chapters/
- Soldiers Organized Services - https://sosride.org/
- Desert Best Friend’s Closet - http://www.bfcloset.org/
- Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals - https://www.varep.net/index.php/coachella-chapter
- Riverside County Veterans Services - https://veteranservices.co.riverside.ca.us/
- Coachella Valley Small Business Development Services - https://coachellavalleysbdc.org/
- Sunline Transit Agency - https://www.sunline.org/