Dr. Ruiz Looks Back on 2020
This Congress, we made incredible progress for our veterans, helped expand access to crucial health care services, and helped grow American jobs. Here are just a few legislative wins from the 116th Congress:
- The Medicaid Services Investment and Accountability Act became law. This bill will strengthen the Medicaid program for children with complex medical needs, seniors, and people with disabilities.
- The Easy Medication Access and Treatment for Opioid Addiction Act became law. This legislation will fight the opioid epidemic by helping patients begin their road to recovery, increase access to care, and save lives.
- The Beneficiary Enrollment Notification and Eligibility Simplification (BENES) Act became law. Language from my bill, the BENES Act, was signed into law to help reduce gaps in coverage for seniors who sign up for Medicare Part B.
As your representative, I am committed to helping you cut through the red tape. I am thrilled my office helped over 1,200 constituents resolve their cases with federal agencies this year. Click here to learn more about real results for seniors, veterans, and CA-36 residents.
I am ready to take on 2021 – a year that promises to bring new opportunities, obstacles, and hope. Join me as I continue our look back on the year by following my posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #YearInReview.
I wish you and your family a happy holiday season, and I look forward to serving you in the New Year and the 117th Congress!
Raul Ruiz, M.D.
Member of Congress
In Case You Missed It:
- Are you a CA-36 resident interested in serving in the Biden-Harris Administration? Find out how to apply here.
- Have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine? Here's what you need to know.
- If you have a background in health care, California needs your help battling COVID-19. Find out about joining the California Health Corps here.